Sunday, January 19, 2014





January 19, 2014

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013, my first book saw the light of day. "Random Commands, A Well-Hung Man & Other Claptrap," was welcomed by a reception at the Typographic Laboratory in the Field House at the University of Toledo. Prof. Timothy Geiger and the students of his bookmaking class did a SUPERB job of putting the project together, and I couldn't be happier.

I will post pages from the book intermittently, and I hope that you enjoy. As I've stated previously, I am hellbent on getting the book and my other work, out into the world at large. All comments, advice, criticisms and cash donations are welcome.

But most importantly: enjoy.

Thanks.



Clothes

My shoes are shoes
and that I say
because of each and ev'ry day
I put them where they seem to goes
to cover my heels, and all 10 toes

My shirt's a shirt
of this I'm blessed
it covers up my hairy chest
no doubt, I'm sure, if it lay bared
all my neighbors would be scared

My pants are pants
they're nothing more
I thank the Lord they have a door
if they didn't, you could bet
sooner or later I'd be wet

My hat's a hat
it doesn't roam
it covers up my shiny dome
it keeps the heat right up there
a job once held by all my hair

Clothes are clothes
that's for sure
someone was cold they found the cure
or was it 'cuz we all were nude
and someone's mother found it rude? 

No comments:

Post a Comment