Thursday, January 16, 2014

January 16, 2014

This is a small compilation of various photos that, more or less, make up my (mostly) current existence. I do this as a means of documentation, so that after the aliens abduct me, you will have something to laugh at and scratch your dome.

I promise I won't do this self-indulgent pap too often.



.

The O'Thanas Ranch Quadpeds

These are the protectors of the fort, the guard dogs. The large black one is Ghoti (pronounced "fish" . . . Google it) and the white one is Bijoux. They rule the roost.






"5 Things We Could Use Less of in Our Country"
(multi media)

Once upon a time, there was an agency that I chose to represent me - they shall remain nameless. The person who ran this operation saw me as a political artist, primarily based on this piece. [They] prodded me to make more political statements through my art, and as you may know, that's like telling a person they should grow more hair in their ears . . . it's just gotta happen, man.

It is one of my favorite pieces, though, and did make the Toledo Area Artists' Show 2012
.




S & K American Gothic 2013

This here is me 'n my woman (and da dog). She offers me strength, growth and a kiss or two when needed. We are intending to be betrothed in July of 2014, God willin' and the crick don't rise. 



Da Boyz

My sons, the other 2 bipeds who keep my world turning.



And now for something completely different!!!


"The Lunatic Quads from Helsinki Escape the Asylum to Show Off Their Paintings in Lake Oulujarvi"
(watercolor)

(There really is a Lake Oulujarvi, y'know).





"Mr. Rogers Tumbles Barefoot Thru Space"
(drawing/mixed media)

This is but one sample of an art form that I call "BOING!!!!!!!" Art. They are drawings/musings that are mounted on 3 strips of lathe by means of a handmade spring - hence the "boing" aspect of it.

Did I mention that a lot of my work is available to be seen @ https://www.facebook.com/artofstevenjay and https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kelly-OBrien-wSteve-Athanas/1410053135893477 ?

Did I mention that said work is up for sale???



Me 'n Larry Entertainment, Summer/Fall 2013

The other way I exorcise my creative demons (and make a buck or two). The Homewreckers is a 7 piece, rockin', dancin', laughin', no socially redeemin' enterprise that's been doin' its thang for longer than I care to remember. Whodda thunk I'd still be perpendicular and doin' this, lo these many years? Available for your dancing and dining pleasure. 

(http://www.thehomewreckersmusic.com/)




Rob Fetters "Saint Ain't"

My latest point of pride: my good pal and fellow rabble-rouser R.P. Fetters asked me (OK, I sorta suggested . . . ) to take a swat at designing the cover to his latest BRILLIANT output. Seriously, do yourself a favor and put these toonz into your auditory canal. You won't be disappointed.


OK, 'nuff.  I got schtuff to do. Again, may I ask so humbly to spread this blog far and wide? I ain't gettin' any younger, y'know.

Sayonara for now 








No comments:

Post a Comment