Sunday, February 8, 2015

Recent Drawings, 2/8/15





At the tail end of 2014 - it seems so long ago - I found a Wikipedia page that gave a great number of web sites for Indie Papers (my caps) around North America. Since the Toledo Free Press had decided not to use my cartoons for their paper, I decided I had nothing to lose by sending my work to other papers around North America (by North America I mean there were some Canadian papers and a Nova Scotia one, too), so I sent out a plethora of e-packages with 5 samples of my work, from the Village Voice to the Memphis Flyer - and everything in between.

As of this date, I've had one inkling of interest from a Lansing paper, who requested to see additional drawings, then I never heard anything more. That's it. Though this annoyance hasn't diminished my drive to get my work out there, I can't help but to wonder if I'm totally loopy in thinking that ANY of my art is worth anyone's attention. 

Sometimes I see other (local) outputs of art - in any of their various forms: music, theater, visual, et al - and wonder : 1) if this poor excuse of a town is cursed when it comes to the Arts, or 2) I, in fact, am delusional in thinking my work is worth anyone's attention.

It's only my thinking that #2 is bullshit, that I continue throwing stuff out there, and, not unlike throwing spaghetti against the wall, seeing what sticks.

With that in mind, I share a fresh sampling of the "cartoons" aspect of my work (even though I have posted some in earlier posts). Enjoy.










The above are all what are being referred to as "bad homophones," play on words, what were called "homophones" when I was in grade school, if I'm not mistaken. Silly? Yes.




These last two are an idea where a four-letter word is rearranged to form another word that can then be drawn in a picture integrating both words. Not sure "Dis Lexia" is the right name for it.

So, if anybody's got any ideas as to where this output can find a home, you know my name, look up the number.

No comments:

Post a Comment